Friday, July 30, 2010

Hector Lopez

Sent: 7/20/10
Received: 7/29/10
Time: 9 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1964 Topps
Item Received: 1964 Topps, signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
My disdain for the current Yankees is well known, but I remain fascinated by the vintage Yankee teams.  And I feel like if you can obtain an autograph from a Yankee of that era, you should go for it.  I don't recall how, when, or why I picked up this 1964 Hector Lopez card, but it's been in my collection since I was a kid.  Lopez was the primary left fielder on the great Yankee teams of the early 1960s that featured Mantle in center and Maris in right.  Now either 78 or 81 years old (depending on which birth year you believe), he is still signing strong.  This beautiful blue Sharpie signature on the '64 card is a terrific addition to the ol' collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment