Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bob DeCosta

Sent: 7/13/10
Received: 7/23/10
Time: 10 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks
Item Received: 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks, signed in blue ballpoint.

Notes:
I received an e-mail from Bob DeCosta last week.  He had just received my letter requesting his signature on his 1983 Visalia card (I had included my e-mail address in the letterhead).  He sent an awesome, enthusiastic e-mail, showing a fantastic sense of humor, and promised that his card would be on its way to me shortly.  True to his word, here it is!  Accompanying the card is a two-page letter from Mr. DeCosta.  He shared memories of his playing career, told me what he's been doing since his baseball days ended, and told me that my project has prompted him to try reconnecting with his former roommate Jack McMahon (who happens to be one of the guys in the set that I have not yet been able to locate).  He mentioned that he was excited to follow my success with this project on this blog and my flickr site.  I hate to sound like a broken record, but this is what the hobby is all about for me.  Thanks for your generosity, Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment