Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ron McKelvie

Sent: 6/30/10
Received: 7/16/10
Time: 16 Days
Address: Work
Item Sent: 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks
Item Received: 1983 Fritsch Visalis Oaks, signed in black ballpoint.

Notes:
I am trying to leave no stone unturned in my pursuit of completing the 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks team set.  This includes searching sites like Facebook, where I was able to find Mr. McKelvie, the trainer of that team (who was included in the set).  I sent him a message asking for his permission to send the card.  He graciously replied and sent his work address to me.  A couple weeks later, he's a wonderful addition to the collection, which now includes eight signatures.  He included a nice note mentioning how much fun it was to work with future major leaguers like Kirby Puckett, Alvaro Espinoza, and Mark Portugal.  Great return from a very kind man!

No comments:

Post a Comment