Friday, December 31, 2010

Karl Dunbar

Sent: 12/21/10
Received: 12/30/10
Time: 9 Days
Address: c/o Minnesota Vikings
Item Sent: 1990 LSU Collegiate Collection
Item Received: 1990 LSU Collegiate Collection, signed in purple Sharpie and inscribed "Geaux Tigers!!"

Notes:
While flipping through a box of old football cards at my parents' house a couple of weeks ago, I came across this card of current Vikings defensive line coach Karl Dunbar.  His name meant nothing to me the last time I looked through that box, which means it had been at least five years since I had done so.  Since then, he's coached Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen to several Pro Bowl appearances and developed younger guys like Brian Robison and Ray Edwards.  His return to Minnesota probably hinges on whether or not Leslie Frazier gets the permanent head coach job, but he's done a fine job while here.  Cool return!

No comments:

Post a Comment