Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chuck Kobasew

Sent: 10/16/10
Received: 12/7/10
Time: 52 Days
Address: c/o Minnesota Wild
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee Metal
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee Metal.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
As enthusiastic of a Minnesota Wild fan as I am, my collection of Wild autographs is extremely light.  I guess most of my hockey quests have focused on North Stars and other players from the '80s and early '90s.  A couple of months ago I became aware of the "Retro" parallel insert cards in the 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee set, utilizing the classic 1979-80 Topps/OPC design (most famous for being the set that included Wayne Gretzky's rookie card, but most significant to me for being the set that included Bobby Smith's rookie card).  Naturally, it set me on a quest to get as many of these cards signed as possible.  I've sent a bunch of requests out over the last couple of months and the first returns arrived today, thanks to Sean O'Donnell and Chuck Kobasew.  Kobasew's card features him as a member of the Boston Bruins, so I also sent a 2009-10 OPC card, featuring him with the Wild.  Of note: after several requests to Wild players and coaches, this is my first TTM success.  Most members of the team are allegedly solid signers, but my experience has been slow.  They could learn a thing or two from the Twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment