Monday, December 6, 2010

Al Secord

Sent: 11/19/10
Received: 12/4/10
Time: 15 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1984-85 O-Pee-Chee, 1990-91 Pro Set
Item Received: 1984-85 O-Pee-Chee, 1990-91 Pro Set.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
This might be the most fun I've had with a TTM autograph request.  I opened my letter to Al Secord like this: "Dear Mr. Secord, I absolutely hated you when I was a kid!"  I explained that I grew up a die-hard North Stars fan. The fantastic rivalry between my North Stars and his Chicago Blackhawks was the source for some of the greatest memories from my youth and he was Public Enemy #1.  I conceded that since the Stars left, my hatred for the Blackhawks has dissipated, to the point that I was genuinely cheering for them to finally win the Stanley Cup last season.  I guess Al took that to mean that I am now a Blackhawks fan.  In addition to extremely classy signatures and thoughtful inscriptions on the cards I sent him, he left a fantastic message for me on the back of the reply envelope.

For more on Al and me, check out this blog post of mine from last March.

No comments:

Post a Comment