Monday, October 31, 2011

Ray Wise

Sent: 6/14/11
Received: 10/31/11
Time: 139 Days
Address: c/o Agency
Item Sent: 1991 Star Pics Twin Peaks
Item Received: 1991 Star Pics Twin Peaks, signed and personalized on back in black ballpoint.

Notes:
Ray Wise is the third Twin Peaks cast member to sign for me through the mail, following Piper Laurie (Catherine Martell) and Catherine E. Coulson (The Log Lady).  I'm so happy to add this to my collection.  There were several wonderful acting performances showcased in the series, but none were better than Wise's portrayal of grieving father Leland Palmer.  That's all I feel comfortable saying on a public forum, because I really do not want to ruin the ride for anyone who has not been fortunate enough to watch the show.  (If you're one of those, do yourself a favor.)  I'll simply say this: If you ever find yourself needing an example to point out the complete insignificance of the Emmys and the total cluelessness of those who vote on them, I can give you two.  1) Nobody from The Wire was ever nominated for an acting award during the series' entire run.  2) Ray Wise was not even nominated (much less won) for Best Supporting Actor during his two years as Leland.

No comments:

Post a Comment