Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tom Niedenfuer

Sent: 5/14/10
Received: 4/8/11
Time: 329 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1984 Dodgers Police Issue, 1987 Fleer
Item Received: 1984 Dodgers Police Issue, 1987 Fleer.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
When I opened the mailbox this evening and noticed the bold black return address stamp on the SASE, I knew this was an old request.  My stamp has now faded to a light grey from all the requests I have sent in the last year.  The contrast on this envelope was a fond reminder of the wonderful year I have had in this reemergence into the hobby.  There is one thing I'm wondering about this success from St. Louis Park, Minnesota native and longtime Dodgers reliever Tom Niedenfuer. 

What took so long?

Mr. Niedenfuer has a TTM success rate of about 90% according to the data on SportsCollectors.net.  A scan of his returns shows that most are received within three weeks.  So what happened with mine?  And why the creased corners on both cards?  Did he misplace it, or was it lost by the post office?

No matter, I'm just happy to receive the signatures.  This shatters my previous record for longest wait, and is my first success to crack the 300 day barrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment