Friday, August 13, 2010

Pat Neshek

Sent: 7/24/10
Received: 8/12/10
Time: 19 Days
Address: c/o Rochester Red Wings
Item Sent: 2006 Topps '52, 2010 Topps
Item Received: 2006 Topps '52, 2010 Topps.  Both signed in thin blue Sharpie.

Notes:
Pat Neshek could be as responsible as anyone for getting me back into this hobby as an adult.  It was his arrival to the Twins a few years ago, along with the introduction of his autograph blog that first reminded me of the fun I had collecting as a kid.  Even though it took a few years for me to begin, I suppose the seed has been planted in my mind since then.  The reason it took me over three months to send a request to Mr. Neshek is simple: I didn't have any of his cards.  After finally acquiring a couple of them, I sent a request to Rochester.  I'm pretty happy with the result - and I certainly don't mean this as a complaint of any kind - but I am a bit surprised that a seasoned autographer as renowned in the hobby as Pat would use such a dry marker on his cards.  It doesn't look terrible.  I do love that he added the baseball stitches - a staple of his unique signature - to the facsimile autograph printed on the Topps '52 card.  Thanks, Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment