Friday, August 13, 2010

Butch Wynegar

















Sent: 7/29/10
Received: 8/12/10
Time: 14 Days
Address: c/o Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
Item Sent: 1977 Topps, 1981 Topps, 1982 Donruss
Item Received: 1981 Topps, 1982 Donruss, 1983 Topps.  All signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
This, unfortunately, is a bittersweet return.  I sent Mr. Wynegar three cards.  Of them, the one that I really wanted signed was the 1977 Topps.  Since 1977 is the year of my birth, I have begun working on a signed Twins team set from that year.  Wynegar's "All-Star Rookie" card would have been a great addition to that set, plus (unlike some of my other cards in that set) the one I sent was in great shape.  Anyway, I received the return today.  He signed two of the three cards I sent, but substituted a 1983 Topps card (in a Yankees uniform, no less... dis!) for the '77.  Anything could have happened here.  Maybe he doesn't sign his rookie for some reason.  Or maybe he was signing multiple requests at once and just got the cards mixed up.  I'll try again someday, after I pick up another '77 Topps Wynegar card.  It's still a great return with three beautiful blue Sharpie signatures.  Thanks, Butch!

No comments:

Post a Comment