Monday, June 21, 2010

Phil Franko

Sent: 6/16/10
Received: 6/21/10
Time: 5 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks
Item Received: 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks, signed in black ballpoint.

Notes:
The 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks set contains Kirby Puckett's only minor league card.  I had Kirby sign the card in 1988.  I kept it stored, along with the rest of the team set, in a fireproof safe for over 20 years until last week, when I dug out the remainder of the set and decided I wanted to get as many of the other cards signed as possible.  My first return is from Phil Franko... and what a return!  Not only did he sign and return the card in five days, but he wrote me a two-page letter talking about his career, what Kirby was like in the minors, and telling me about his family.  Fantastic... thanks, Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment