Friday, April 27, 2012

Ron Cey

Sent: 4/18/12
Received: 4/25/12
Time: 7 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1984 Topps, 1985 Fleer
Item Received: 1984 Topps, 1985 Fleer.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
As if I don't have enough collections to work on already, I just decided I wanted to go for the 1985 Fleer set.  I just decided it was silly for me to be working on multiple hockey sets and not a single full baseball set.  I chose this because I've always thought it was a cool, underrated design, and because I already have one of the biggest toughies in the Kirby Puckett rookie.  So, the mailing has started.  One of my first requests was my second letter to one of the hobby's great TTM signers, Ron Cey.  "The Penguin" was one of my first returns when I started this hobby and blog two years ago, and he came through again with two more beautiful signatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment