Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tom Gilbert

Sent: 2/10/12
Received: 4/17/12
Time: 67 Days
Address: c/o Edmonton Oilers
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2011-12 O-Pee-Chee
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2011-12 O-Pee-Chee.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
This one seemed like a completely lost cause, due to unfortunate timing.  17 days after mailing my request to Edmonton, the Oilers traded the Bloomington, Minnesota native back home to the Wild.  I gave it a couple days, on the off chance Mr. Gilbert may have placed it in a Canadian mailbox on his way out of town, but when nothing showed up I figured I would just try him again next season.  So it's with great surprise (and curiosity) that this arrived, postmarked from St. Paul, but with Canadian postage.  Hey, I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment