Monday, January 3, 2011

Jerry Lomastro

Sent: 10/18/10
Received: 1/3/11
Time: 77 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1986 ProCards Toledo Mud Hens, 1987 TCMA Rochester Red Wings
Item Received: 1986 ProCards Toledo Mud Hens, 1987 TCMA Rochester Red Wings.  Both signed in black ballpoint.

Notes:
This return from former Twins minor league player Jerry Lomastro certainly makes for an odd start to the new year.  While I'm always happy to get a return and definitely don't mean to complain about getting a free autograph (or two), it's a shame when an inferior pen is used.  The one used by Jerry appears to be somewhere between a ballpoint and felt-tip pen and, as you can see, the smudging is pretty terrible.  Mr. Lomastro also wrote a brief note at the bottom of my request letter, thanking me for writing.  He then goes on to write, "I guess if I could of [sic] done a few things different I do believe Minn. would have been my final destination.  Life goes on."  I'm not totally sure what he's getting at.  I think he's trying to say he wishes he would have advanced further with the Twins, but it seems to read a little on the spooky side.

No comments:

Post a Comment