Thursday, January 13, 2011

David Booth

Sent: 10/27/10
Received: 1/12/11
Time: 77 Days
Address: c/o Florida Panthers
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
I hope this is real!  Booth is one of the more talented young American forwards in the NHL.  His 2009-10 season was lost to concussions, but he has come back strong this year.  I hate to say it, but I am a little skeptical of this autograph.  I noticed it was postmarked from Michigan (he is a Detroit native) on January 5.  Booth's Panthers were at home in Miami on January 5.  Prior to that, they were at Carolina.  Furthering suspicions, I peeked at other Booth signatures on the internet.  It's not ridicilously far off in style, but I didn't see any other examples where the last name was essentially a "B" with a long tail.  The Panthers did have four consecutive days off over Christmas, so I suppose it's possible that he went home for the holidays, signed his mail, and his parents just now got around to dropping it in the mailbox.  But it's also possible that a relative or friend is signing for him.  I hope I'm wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment