Thursday, January 13, 2011

Garnet Exelby

Sent: 1/5/11
Received: 1/12/11
Time: 7 Days
Address: c/o Rockford IceHogs
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
Okay, this is a little silly.  Garnet Exelby was a solid but unspectacular physical defenseman for the Atlanta Thrashers for the last few years, and is now playing for the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL (the Chicago Blackhawks' top minor league affiliate).  However, he is a savior for my 2010-11 Minnesota Wild team in NHL 11 on the PS3.  After making a couple of deals prior to starting my franchise, I was a little light on the blue line.  I signed Exelby in free agency and he has been a stabilizing presence in my fake world.  Fittingly, the return is as silly as my reason for sending, with Garnet writing "DAN, Dream Big!" in huge letters.  Pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment