Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bill Campbell

Sent: 1/15/11
Received: 1/21/11
Time: 6 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1975 Topps, 1976 Topps
Item Received: 1975 Topps, 1976 Topps.  Both signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
Signed DC has now been profiled a couple times by the excellent Baseball By the Letters blog, and I realized that a direct link from that - a baseball autograph site - leads to this, a site that has been dominated by hockey for the last couple of months.  It is hockey season, and the projects that I've been most diligent about recently have been some of my hockey sets, but I do feel it's time to get back to my TTM roots.  Namely, former Minnesota Twins.  I sent off a few Twins requests last week, and the first response from that batch comes from Bill Campbell.  "Soup" had an excellent fifteen year major league career that began with the Twins in 1973.  His final year with the Twins (1976) was incredible: 17 wins, 20 saves, and a 3.01 ERA in 167.2 innings and a league leading 78 games -- all in relief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment