Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jim Zorn

Sent: 8/24/11
Received: 1/9/12
Time: 138 Days
Address: c/o Kansas City Chiefs
Item Sent: 1982 Topps, 1983 Topps, 1986 Fleer Team Action Green Bay Packers
Item Received: 1982 Topps, 1983 Topps.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
Jim Zorn teamed with Steve Largent to put the Seattle Seahawks on the map in the late 1970s.  He was a freewheeling, left-handed quarterback, unlike anything my young eyes had seen when I first became a football fan.  I had been meaning to send him an autograph request for a while.  I finally did so after flipping through a pile of 1980s Fleer Team Action football cards, trying to identify the players.  The 1986 Green Bay Packers offense card pictured a quarterback wearing #18.  Zorn played one season for the Packers in 1985 and started three games.  This was his only card in a Packers uniform, so I thought it would be cool to package it with a couple of his Seahawks cards.  I'm very happy to received the signed cards I did from Mr. Zorn -- he has a great signature and I've wanted to get him for a long time.  I am a bit disappointed, though, that he decided to keep the Packers card.  That would have been a unique addition.  Perhaps I'll try him again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment