Monday, January 30, 2012

Alexei Zhitnik

Sent: 1/18/12
Received: 1/27/12
Time: 9 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 2000-01 Upper Deck Vintage, 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro
Item Received: 2000-01 Upper Deck Vintage, 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro.  Both signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
Zhitnik was an excellent NHL defenseman, primarily with the Buffalo Sabres.  He was selected for two All-Star Games during his time in Buffalo and finished his 15 year career with 471 points.  As for the cards I sent, I'm pretty excited about my recent discovery of the 2000-01 Upper Deck Vintage set.  I'm already casually working on four different hockey sets, so the last thing I need is another.  But, this is a nice, simple design on gloss-free cards, and they look great when signed.  It should be a nice option to have from here on out when writing to players from that era.

No comments:

Post a Comment