Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Drew Stubbs

Sent: 2/23/11
Received: 3/19/11
Time: 24 Days
Address: c/o Cincinnati Reds Spring Training
Item Sent: 2010 Topps Heritage
Item Received: 2010 Topps Heritage, signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
I can't help but develop strong allegiances to players who help my fantasy league teams.  That's how I've become a big Drew Stubbs fan.  He parlayed a big spring training in 2010 into a job as the Reds' starting center fielder, but scuffled throughout the first half of the season.  He found himself on my league's waiver wire in July when I decided to give him a shot.  Over the second half, his combination of power and speed was a huge factor in helping me to my second consecutive league title.  I really wanted to draft him again at my league's 2011 draft last weekend, but was beaten to the punch.  Best of luck as a member of Justice Beaver this year, Drew.  We'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment