Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kevin Hagen

Sent: 9/10/11
Received: 9/19/11
Time: 9 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1987 ProCards Portland Beavers
Item Received: 1984 Topps, 1987 ProCards Portland Beavers.  Both signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
Kevin Hagen's time in the Twins organization was brief.  Very brief.  He appeared in 13 major league games for the Cardinals from 1984-1984.  After spending the 1986 season in the Cleveland Indians system, he came to spring training with the Twins in 1987.  He started the year in Portland and appeared in only three games before finding himself with Tucson in the Houston Astros organization.  (I can't find whether he was traded or released by the Twins.)  Kevin generously added a signed 1984 Topps card to the Beavers card I sent.  I actually had planned on sending an '84 Topps as well, as I knew I had one somewhere, but it was badly creased when I uncovered it so I elected to only send the minor league card.  Great return!

No comments:

Post a Comment