Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jordan Leopold

Sent: 12/17/10
Received: 2/26/11
Time: 71 Days
Address: c/o Buffalo Sabres
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2009-10 Upper Deck.  Both signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
I was two years ahead of Jordan Leopold at Robbinsdale Armstrong High School in Plymouth, Minnesota.  I knew who he was, but I didn't know him personally.  He graduated with my brother, was a teammate of one of my best friends (Thomas Johnson), and played for Thomas' dad Bruce.  He was the best high school player I ever saw first hand.  Without a doubt.  And it was not the least bit surprising when he won the Hobey Baker en route to leading the Minnesota Golden Gophers to their first of two consecutive NCAA Championships in 2002.  He got off to a very promising NHL start in Calgary before Dion Phaneuf came along and overshadowed him.  Since then he's become a bit of a journeyman, but it's nice to see him putting together his best season in quite some time this year with the Sabres.

No comments:

Post a Comment