Monday, June 6, 2011

Chris Pronger

Sent: 1/21/11
Received: 6/2/11
Time: 132 Days
Address: c/o Flyers SkateZone
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, signed and personalized in black Sharpie.

Notes:
It didn't come as too much of a surprise to receive a successful response from future Hall of Famer Chris Pronger.  I just wasn't expecting his card to be inside this particular envelope.  When I checked the mail, I had one of my familiar SASEs mixed in amongst the credit card solicitations and bills.  It was postmarked from Bemidji, Minnesota.  I tried to cycle through all the northern Minnesota athletes to whom I had pending requests.  A couple of hockey players popped into my mind, but certainly not Chris Pronger.  I'm still not sure of his connection to Minnesota.  I guess a lot of players have taken to making their summer homes in that area (including Pronger's Flyers teammate Scott Hartnell).  I had just not heard that Chris was now one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment