Monday, June 20, 2011

Johan Hedberg

Sent: 5/17/11
Received: 6/18/11
Time: 32 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2010-11 O-Pee-Chee
Item Received: 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro, 2010-11 O-Pee-Chee.  Both signed in black Sharpie.

Notes:
I have read in a few places on the internet that the New Jersey Devils are one of the worst organizations in sports when it comes to handling fan mail.  While several of their players are reliable TTM signers, most successful requests reported on SCN from the likes of Brian Rolston, Zach Parise, Travis Zajac, etc. have been through their home addresses - even during the season.  I sent to Johan Hedberg care of the team anyway (in early February), and in May received the cards back, unsigned, in my SASE.  I was not alone.  There was a tidal wave of failures from Devils players on SCN around that time.  Mr. Hedberg has a pretty good track record as a signer, though, so I retried at his home address.  One month later, and his great signature has been neatly applied to my cards.  Thanks, Johan!

No comments:

Post a Comment