Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tom Brunansky

Sent: 10/22/10
Received: 11/1/10
Time: 10 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1986 Donruss Diamond Kings, 1986 Topps, 1987 Donruss Opening Day, 1987 Fleer
Item Received: 1986 Donruss Diamond Kings, 1986 Topps, 1987 Donruss Opening Day, 1987 Fleer.  All signed in blue Sharpie.

Notes:
I'm so excited about Bruno!  He was one of my all-time favorite Twins.  The biggest non-playoff disappointment of my life as a Twins fan is still Andy MacPhail's April 1988 trade of Brunansky to the Cardinals for Tommy Herr.  The Twins officially brought Brunansky back to the organization this year as a coach for the Gulf Coast League Twins.  He seemed to be everywhere this summer.  At Target Field for the Opening Day festivities in April, here for the Hall of Fame and 50th Anniversary Weekend in August, in the booth with Dick & Bert in Tampa...  one of my favorite things that the Twins did with the opening season of Target Field was to bring back so many names from the past.  I don't know if Bruno will be a great coach, but I love that they're giving him a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment