Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ron Zanussi

Sent: 10/23/10
Received: 10/28/10
Time: 5 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1979-80 Topps
Item Received: 1979-80 Topps, 1981-82 Toronto Maple Leafs team issued postcard.  Both signed in black Sharpie.  Pre-printed 1980-81 Minnesota North Stars team issued postcard.

Notes:
I love this return!  Part of my motivation for getting back into this hobby was my desire to track down former Minnesota North Stars.  After starting strong, my request totals tailed off over the summer.  I've been sending a ton of hockey requests out lately, though.  I recently discovered the 1979-80 "Retro" design parallel cards in the 2008-08 O-Pee-Chee set, which took their design from my all-time favorite hockey set.  Though I haven't received any of those back yet, I've been sending out a bunch, along with some original 1979-80 Topps cards.  I have no illusions about trying to go for the set, as the Gretzky rookie alone is far out of my reach, but I'm definitely going to try collecting as many autographs as I can on both the original set and the modern version.

Anyway, on to Ron Zanussi, the '79 card of the former North Stars wing is the first such card to come back to me.  In addition to signing that, he added two postcards: a Maple Leafs postcard with an authentic Sharpie signature and a North Stars card with a pre-printed facsimile autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment