Friday, April 23, 2010

Robert Parish

Sent: 4/16/10
Received: 4/23/10
Time: 7 Days
Address: Home
Item Sent: 1989-90 Fleer, 1990-91 Hoops
Item Received: 1989-90 Fleer signed in black Sharpie, 1990-91 Hoops signed in silver.

Notes:
Although I find today's NBA mostly unwatchable, I do have a big time soft spot for the league in the 1980s.  Although Danny Ainge was inexplicably my favorite (perhaps because he also played baseball, I guess), I loved the whole starting lineup of those Celtics teams.  This is a great, albeit curious return from "The Chief."  The '89 Fleer card is signed upside down... perhaps he was looking at the image on the card and not the cards border?  I have to give it to him, it looks pretty cool this way.  He then busted out the silver marker to sign the '90 Hoops card.  Thanks, Chief!

No comments:

Post a Comment